[alf-dev] Experimential Media Wiki for ALF documentation ...

Hello fellow Alfers,

To help with the ALF documentation effort I thought it could be a good idea to make use of the Wiki concept, where everyone (logged on) can edit the contents, add comments and the like. To that end instead of only proposing it, I thought to actually go ahead and establish an experimential wiki using the MediaWiki open source software -- its the same Wiki used for Wikipedia. I have inputted several sections of ALF documentation, and annotated a few places with comments. In the main page I referred the reader/editor to copyright information available on the ALF site.

You can find the wiki at: http://alfwiki.werkstatthosting.com

Using a Wiki might encourage enhancing the documentation. The Wiki could also be a place for ALF installation and administration documentation. Theoretically (or eventually) the wiki could also be used to annotate the ALF source code as it becomes available. Annotated source code is essential for making the code base understandable to everyone, as the code develops and changes over time.

best regards,

Daniel

p.s. the Wiki is also a great way for me to link analysis models i am creating to relevant sections in the ALF documentation. Perhaps at a later stage, these models could even be linked into source code annotations.

Back to the top