[alf-dev] Re: Subversion Integration (was: Eclipse ALF Planning meeting minutes 2/24)

Mark Phippard wrote:

> Mark Phippard wrote:
>
> > I basically created a Java-bean type class that has the service
> > methods and takes care of the details.  I then used the wizard to
> > generate WSDL an a Web Service from this class.  I tested it using
> > the Web Services Explorer.  The only thing I had trouble with is
> I was thinking about this service some more and was wondering if I
> really did it right.  Should these services be asynchronous, so that
> when ALF invokes them it is not waiting for them to complete?  If so,
> then I would assume there must be some kind of callback service to
> inform upon completion.  That would solve my problem of trying to
> return this information.
>
> Is there some standard WSDL I can use?  Both for my service, and the
> reply I would send back?

I have changed my service to create a thread to run the Subversion
operation so that control can return back to the caller quickly.
Currently, I just dump the response to System.out, but it would be nice
to be able to change this to send the results to another service.  Is
their standard WSDL for this for ALF?

Thanks

Mark

Back to the top