[alf-dev] Re: Comments on the Flash Demo

"Tim Buss" <tbuss@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> [Tim - I suspect the exact schema for the ALF event message may be refined
> as we move towards the 1.0 release.  What is less defined as yet is how
> this
> extends to services that tools that participate in ALF might implement.
> Broadly, to participate in ALF, a tool only need provide (or have
> provided)
> SOAP web services.  An ALF enabled tool only needs to provide Web services
> that meet certain standards and conventions and provide suitable ALF
> events.
> An ALF complient tool would implement specific ALF vocabulary based
> messages
> in addition to providing ALF events and may provide particular
> functionality
> around these messages.  We are just starting to define the framework for
> this.  The initial ALF POC really only addresses "participation" and
> "enablement" and so does not emphasize the "vocabulary" aspect.]

I have this theory that you need to provide some element of "almost critical
mass" to help build community around the project. Let me explain. Within
Eclipse user community tools like JDT, CDT and WTP get used a lot. You may
want to have a specific strategy for how you are going to have those tools
enabled for ALF in order to spur adoption.

Thanks for the response and clarifications.

/mike

Back to the top