[alf-dev] build vocabulary

Hello Slava - Welcome aboard.  As soon as we are finished with some of the POC tasks, I will be
coordinating the Build Vocabulary talks/process. I will keep you in the loop as soon as we get started.

Some things to think about. We need to define "use cases".  The POC demo describes what a use case is, for example having the SCM vendor call for the generation of a build script and subsequent execution.  These Build Use Cases will then define the Build Vocabulary.  All vocabulary must be assigned to a Use Case.  A Use Case could be as specific as the build tool receiving a request to build only one executable, or a request for the build tool to run only impact analysis.  Another example would be to complete an incremental build, or build with debug options turned on.  I believe the biggest effort will be in defining these different use cases. Once we can begin formulating these use cases, the vocabulary will follow.

Thanks for your support of Eclispe ALF.  We will be talking soon.

Tracy

Tracy Ragan
CEO
Catalyst Systems Corporation