[alf-dev] Re: Event Forwarding

The invocation of a Service Flow is just a web service call. Thus a Service
Flow can in-fact be any Web service which uses the ALF Event Message as an
input message and has no output message - ie is asynchronous.

For the initial release at least, we are not planning to support generic
service invocation via the Event Manager. Mapping of event data to the
arbitrary structures of specific services that need to be called as a result
of the event is intended to be handled by BPEL in the Service Flow so it
would duplicate functionality. That said there may be specific cases where a
it may be more convenient to provide such a mapping. Perhaps you have such a
case?

The configuration of the Event Manager is not dynamic, at least for now,
which is why you don't see "RegisterALFEventListenerURI" The event manager
is configured by creating an XML file describing the event to service flow
mappings in the current documentation

It would be interesting to learn a little more about what you intend.

Tim Buss

Serena

"Glenn Everitt" <glenn.everitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have been reading through the ALF  ArchitectureDraft-v00-07 and had a
> couple of questions.   I noticed a couple places in the doc talk about ALF
> Event Manager acting as an event broker by forwarding ALF Events to other
> listeners.  I thought I might see something in the Event Manager Service
> WSDL referring to something like "RegisterALFEventListenerURI" but I
didn't.
> I would like to receive ALF events but I don't want to start a Service
Flow.
> Is there someplace I could find out more information about event
forwarding?

> Are anticipating having event forwarding available in your POC?
>
> Thanks
> Glenn Everitt
> Compuware
> glenn.everitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx