[alf-dev] Re: Procedural discussion

Daniel,

Do you really think we need a formal document, or can our website act as the
document of record? After all, the website does specify the roles of the
different committees. Do you think a formal document of roles and
responsibilities is necessary for ALF? I suppose it couldn't hurt, but I
myself dislike putting rules in place before the rules are necessary or
useful. Please note that this is *not* an official statement of ALF policy,
merely a Shaw personal statement of philosophy.

If we can assume the website is OK as a document of record, then for
requirements, we do have responsibility distributed across all of the
committee members. I'm just the recorder of the requirements the entire
committee defines, although that may not be clear since all the work
products have my name as the author. Would you like to see a short-ish
charter on the website that describes the role of each committee? You are a
member of the ALF community, so why don't you write up a suggestion for our
webmaster?

I've pinged Rollo about the bugzilla question since he has taken on the
responsibility to define our CM process. I believe you can associate status
with bugs in Bugzilla, but unlike more process oriented IDT products,
Bugzilla doesn't have an actual workflow engine. It is my understanding that
CVS and Bugzilla aren't optional for Eclipse projects, although I suppose we
could suggest an alternative to the leadership. Do you have a suggestion?

I know I've asked two questions back for every one you posed. I'm trying to
understand the questions behind your questions, and I can't quite do that
without asking some questions myself.

Regards,

shaw

"Daniel Gross" <gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I would like to follow up on the procedure discussion of today.
>
> It would  be great to have an overview of who does work on what parts of
> the ALF design and/or files. Also whether that also reflects some sort
> of design responsibility distribution among participants.
>
> Also, i was wondering whether Bugzilla supports implementing some sort
> of workflow for contributions, such as "submitted", "under review",
> "under rework", "accepted" etc. and whether using such workflow is
> contemplated.
>
> thank you,
>
> Daniel

Back to the top