[alf-dev] ALF Requirements Meeting Minutes from 1/11/2006

ALF Requirements Meeting Minutes
1/11/2006

Attendees

AccuRev
Secure Software
Segue
Serena Software
University of Toronto

Review Requirements Document
The modified requirements concerning the default compensating services have
been approved, as have the derived administrative requirements. The only
remaining requirements not yet approved concern our SSO strategy. These
requirements will need to be resolved in the Architecture Committee since
the validity of the requirements as written depend on our SSO implementation
strategy.

Version 1.0 requirements are in the can. (Or as in the can as it is ever
possible for requirements to be before actual release.) Unless some other
issues surface, we will no longer be discussing 1.0 requirements in
committee.

Review Expanded ALM Use Cases
AccuRev has reviewed the use cases and has some additional version control
use cases to incorporate. AccuRev will submit the suggestions through the
news group.

The committee has homework to review the ALM use cases for correctness,
completeness and sanity. We will discuss any changes at the next meeting.

Overview of Fiorano Webcast

Segue attended a webcast where Fiorano (a BPM vendor) discussed their BPEL
strategy. Segue gave an interesting and informative overview of Fiorano's
architecture and position. This is valuable information as we evolve ALF
from its basic 1.0 form to a richer offering. See Segue's post on the
newsgroup for the overview.
Next Meeting

Until stated otherwise, the ALF requirements committee will meet once every
two weeks rather than every week. We will return to weekly meetings when it
comes time to begin defining requirements for the next version of ALF.

The next requirements meeting will be from 10:00 - 11:00 Pacific on
Wednesday, 25 January. Shaw will send the meeting announcement and agenda to
alf-events and alf-req and will post the announcement to the newsgroup. Shaw
will also request the webmaster to update the ALM use case document before
the next meeting.

Kelly Shaw
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Serena Software