[alf-dev] ALF Requirements Meeting Minutes from 9/21/2005

ALF Requirements Meeting Minutes
9/21/2005

Attendees

John Streiff, Secure Software
Bob Brady, Segue
Ian McCloud, Segue
Pat Flannagan, Aldon
Daniel Gross, University of Toronto

Internationalization

Discussion:  The committee discussed whether ALF needed to be
internationalized. While the members believed that internationalization is a
good idea, we decided it is not necessary for the first version.

Decision:
Internationationalization is a low-priority requirement for ALF V1.0.

508 Compliance

Discussion:  The committee discussed whether ALF needed to be 508 compliant.
  a.. If we want the government to use ALF, 508 compliance is necessary.
  b.. The only ALF interface is in the administrator/designer, so making the
interface compliant will not be a huge task.
Decision:
508 Compliance is a 'must have' requirement for ALF V1.0.

 ALF Conformance Levels

Discussion: There is a disconnect between web service behaviors ALF would
like to see from participating tools, and those behaviors that can actually
be enforced.
  a.. Single Sign-on
  b.. Security
  c.. WSDL format
Decision: We will define multiple conformance levels. Those services with
high conformance levels will be able to participate in security and single
sign-on capabilities. They will also conform to the vocabularies defined by
the ALF subcommittees (when the subcommittees are formed.) Low conformance
levels will not necessarily conform to ALF security, single sign-on and
vocabulary standards. Low conformance web services will be call-able from
within the BPEL engine, but will be more difficult to integrate within the
ALF service flow.

Other Business

Discussion: While not specifically requirements, the committee discussed
other issues that need to be addressed.
  a.. Vendor requirements for ALF conformance. Put together a document
specifying the vendor commitments to be ALF compliant. This should be in the
form of a cookbook for vendors.
  b.. SPI list. All the SPIs should be listed, together with usage examples.
Decision: N/A.
Next Meeting

The next requirements meeting will be from 10:00 - 11:00 Pacific on
Wednesday, 26 October. Shaw will send the meeting announcement to alf-events
and alf-req. Shaw will send an agenda to the mail group alf-req.

Kelly Shaw
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Serena Software
719-457-8811