RE: [alf-dev] ALF UDDI requirements

I concur. I don't see a pressing need for UDDI within ALF as presently
conceived.

-----Original Message-----
From: alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Kelly Shaw
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:18 AM
To: alf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [alf-dev] ALF UDDI requirements

Looking at the UDDI spec, I'm not certain if we should include it as a
standard part of ALF. Sure, UDDI would be handy to have around to categorize
and organize available web services, but is that a requirement for ALF? I
don't think so since anyone can build a BPEL service flow without having
their web services organized.

We should spend our available time and resources on features that are
necessary, so I suggest we drop UDDI from ALF version 1.0.

However, I believe we should stand up a UDDI service on the ALF site so
vendors and other contributors can register their services.

What does everyone else think?