[alf-dev] Re: Listening into next conference call

Daniel,

You may certainly participate in the next requirements meeting.

The difference between Eclipse and ALF is that Eclipse integrates on the
desktop through Eclipse plugins. ALF, on the other hand, incorporates a
server component that includes an event broker and a BPEL orchestration
engine.

I strongly suggest you read through the architectural documents, the
requirements meeting minutes and architectural minutes before the meeting.
Also, please subscribe to the various email lists and the newsgroup so you
can keep up with the latest threads.

Talk to you tomorrow,

shaw
"Daniel Gross" <gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in ALF. Can I participate in the next requirements
> conference call (scheduled on the 7th of September) ?
>
> Perhaps also a general (novice) question:
>
> From what I have browsed so-far, i understand that ALF is a tool
integration
> platform, centered around a service-oriented architecture. Isen't the
> Eclipse platform itself also a tool integration platform? In what way is
> Eclipse limited? Could the ALF mechanisms become an additional means for
> integrating plug-ins.
>
> thank you,
>
> Daniel

Back to the top