Re: [albireo-dev] performance

Goering, Jon wrote:
Thanks for the response.  The various classes used in the class
hierarchy for a view were noticed by others and the question was raised.
The question was also raised if the Albireo project was still using the
same concept as the original code base.  I'm not saying we are
experiencing any noticeable performance impact regarding speed in
bringing up a view; we were just curious.

Yes, the same approach is used today and as far as I know it is unavoidable. The SWT_AWT bridge requires us to use an AWT frame, and proper use of Swing itself requires the use of a root pane container and associated layering.

Back to the top