[albireo-dev] Deadlock condition using SwingControl

I was wondering if this is a known issue. I have a SwingControl that is created in an Eclipse ViewPart. The SwingControl behaves fine. Then I hide the ViewPart which effectively destroys the SwingControl. When I attempt to show the ViewPart again, the new SwingControl associated with the new instance of the ViewPart becomes deadlocked. All threads are in a wait state and no events can be processed. When I pause the main thread, it appears that the WEmbeddedFramePeer.replaceSurfaceData() is in a locked state. The createSwingComponent() method on my SwingControl has not yet been called by the AWT EventQueue thread.

Does anybody have any insight about what might be happening here?

Mark Millard

Back to the top