RE: FW: [albireo-dev] Old SAS code interaction with Albireo project code

Okay; I've been doing some more investigation and that seems to be what
is going on.

Thanks for the response.

From: Bruno Haible [mailto:haible@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 4:04 PM
To: albireo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Goering, Jon
Subject: Re: FW: [albireo-dev] Old SAS code interaction with Albireo
project code

Hi,

Jon Goering wrote:
> when a SWT dialog is open, how is the
> blocking of any embedded Swing components (the AWT event queue)
within,
> a view for example, being handled?  Is this already part of RCP; does
> the SWT_AWT bridge already handle this or is this being done by the
> SWT/Swing Integration code?

I believe this is done at the native window system level: The SWT dialog
is realized as a modal dialog in the underlying window system, and
therefore
blocks all windows of the same application, regardless whether they were
constructed by SWT or by AWT.

In the opposite direction it's different because modal AWT dialogs are
normal
(non-modal) windows at the native window level.

At least that's my understanding.

Bruno

Back to the top