Re: [albireo-dev] Alpha 2?

Bruno Haible wrote:
> All these tests were done with a freshly unpacked eclipse-SDK-3.3.1.1-linux-gtk.tar.gz .

Thanks for testing with 3.3. I made the mistake of trying only 3.4 for this work.

1) If I use option 1 (import the plugins into the workspace directly),
   from org.eclipse.albireo.rcp_v20080523.zip, the "Import Plug-ins and Fragments"
   dialog shows a warning "Make sure to add the source code locations for the
   plug-ins you are importing to the Source Code Locations preference page".
I ignore this warning,

After the changes I describe below, you shouldn't ignore the warning. You'll need to click on the "Source code locations" button and add the source directory from the source plug-in. I've updated the instructions.

click on "Projects with source folders", Next, add
   all 4 plug-ins.
   - The org.eclipse.albireo.core plugin has 2 errors
       "Package 'org.eclipse.albireo.core' does not exist in this plug-in"
       "Package 'org.eclipse.albireo.internal' does not exist in this plug-in"

The 3.3 import is not understanding the format of the source feature/plug-ins that was generated with my 3.4 build. I have fixed this and pushed out a new version of the distribution. The new distribution has a single un-jarred source plug-in.

It will take a while to propagate to the mirrors, but you can still download it with this link:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/albireo/org.eclipse.albireo.rcp_v20080528.zip

(if you don't yet see it on a mirror, click on the main download site link at the bottom of the page)

If you use the new zip, and you follow the extra instructions to add the albireo source code locations, it should then work (it did for me).

   - The two *.source plugins display the files like resources (not grouped
     into packages). No syntax check is performed on the *.java files (when
     I change the files by introducing Java syntax errors, no error is
     displayed).

There's no need to import the .source plug-in(s).

2) If I use option 3 (install the plugins in the Eclipse copy), then open
   the list of all plugins (Help > About Eclipse SDK > Plug-in Details),
   2 among the 4 Albireo plugins (the ones with *.examples.plugin*) have no
   "Provide" set. Also 2 among the 4 (the *.source) have no "Legal Info" set.

I will look into these problems for the next release.

3) If I use option 3 (install the plugins in the Eclipse copy), then it
   behaves as if no source code was available: when I try to navigate
   to the SwingControl class, I get a screen
      "Class File Editor
       Source not found"

I think this is related to the packaging problem described above. I do not see the problem with my newest build.

Back to the top