Re: [albireo-dev] size and border

Bruno Haible wrote:

Your suggestions prompted me to look again at the proposed class hierarchy,
and I could actually get away without an intermediate superclass of
SwingControl. After this cleanup, the code looks quite reasonable.

Because the borderless child is created as a Composite and not a SwingControl, I think there may be regressions in our focus handling support. We depend on an override of forceFocus(), for example, to work around problems with the reliability of focus queries.

Is there any reason the borderless child can't itself be another SwingControl? If not, how would you propose to fix this?

Also, is there a straightforward rule for determining whether to use "this" vs. the borderlessChild member when implementing code inside SwingControl?

Back to the top