[albireo-dev] Focus Management - the next steps

Hi Bruno,

Given its current immature state, I'm concerned that if we work simultaneously on the current focus management code, there will be a lot of contention and duplicate effort.

I have two alternatives to propose:

1) Allow me to work on it alone for a little while longer (at least 1 week). At that point it will be a bit more mature and I hope the basic problems will be solved. Then there is less risk in hacking on it in parallel.

2) Split it up by platform and implement a Win32FocusHandler and a GtkFocusHandler. Consider a partial merge in the future.

I prefer #1. #2 would avoid contention but not duplication. But I'll settle for #2 if you feel strongly about working on focus issues yourself immediately. Other suggestions for alternatives are welcome.

Of course, other fixes in the code base would not have to be delayed, and any additions to the test case page would be great. And if you have any concerns about the current code or direction in this area, no need to wait on that :-).

Back to the top