Re: [albireo-dev] AwtEnvironment & customizability

Hi Gordon,

> The same error can happen with certain themes when running with the
> GNOME desktop, so I made some minor changes to the code to handle the
> case where getSystemLookAndFeelClassName() returns the gtk look and feel
> (see patch).

Yes, indeed. Glad to see the code converging into something usable everywhere.

> BTW, sometimes I *don't* get the unsupported engine error when running
> KDE. Does this make sense?

Possibly. I got the error because the KDE control center (or possibly the
openSUSE installation) wrote a certain file into my home directory. I can
imagine that some KDE installations are not so well customized and don't care
about specifying the Gtk look&feel.

> If it *never* makes sense for KDE and if the system look and feel is set
> to something else, then we should probably never change it to
> GTK_LOOK_AND_FEEL.

I cannot tell about "never", with the small number of systems I have around.

I'd say, leave it like this - since it works fine now in all configurations
we have access to - and revisit the issue if someone complains.

Bruno

Back to the top