Re: [albireo-dev] thoughts on API, options

Bruno Haible wrote:
About the formalism: Is it possible to write down such preferences using
extension points rather than classical JavaVM -D options?

  <extension point="org.eclipse.albireo.prefs.nativeLookAndFeel">
    <true>
  </extension>

Something like this can be done, but like preferences, extension points would introduce a dependency on the Eclipse runtime. This is a problem if we want to support standalone SWT (non-RCP) applications. And I assume that we *do* want to support them.

Back to the top