RE: [ajdt-dev] Delete and update Markers taking long time

Hi Andy

Here's a trace from a scenario that probably should have been a full build, but took really quite a long time:

13:16:5 Preparing for build: not going to be incremental because path change detected (one of classpath/aspectpath/inpath/injars)
13:16:5 Falling back to batch compilation
13:16:5 Preparing for build: not going to be incremental because no successful previous full build
13:16:12 Timer event: 18219ms: Time to first compiled message
13:16:12 Timer event: 18219ms: Time to first woven message
13:16:34 AspectJ reports build successful, build was: FULL
13:16:36 AJDE Callback: finish. Was full build: true
13:16:36 Timer event: 42437ms: Total time spent in AJDE
13:16:36 Timer event: 0ms: Refresh after build
13:16:36 Types affected during build = 312
13:16:46 Timer event: 51687ms: Total time spent in AJBuilder.build()
13:16:46 Timer event: 47ms: Update visualizer, xref, advice listeners for (separate thread): ssabsa-plugin-reports
13:16:47 Timer event: 1000ms: Delete markers: ssabsa-lib-swing (Finished deleting markers for ssabsa-lib-swing)
13:16:47 Timer event: 15ms: Create markers: ssabsa-lib-swing (Finished creating markers for ssabsa-lib-swing)
13:16:47 Created 0 markers in 13 files
13:17:0 Timer event: 13844ms: Delete markers: ssabsa-plugin-reports (Finished deleting markers for ssabsa-plugin-reports)
13:17:24 Timer event: 23640ms: Create markers: ssabsa-plugin-reports (Finished creating markers for ssabsa-plugin-reports)
13:17:24 Created 309 markers in 312 files

Combined time of 37 seconds to create markers in 300 files? FYI the ssabsa-lib-swing project has a couple of aspects (mixins) that get applied both to itself and the ssabsa-plugin-reports project mentioned here (it's in the aspectpath).

This one probably isn't related to the incremental vs full build that I mentioned, so would probably go in a separate bug. It might make the other bug more apparent if full builds are going so slowly, though.

Thanks

Tom

Tom Dunstan
Senior Analyst/Programmer