[ajdt-dev] AJDT Cross References not usable with multiple projects

I’m using Eclipse 3.4.1 with 2.0.0.e34x-20090622-2000 and still having the same problem I had 2 years ago with Cross References view.

The problem is caused by scoping Cross References view to the current project when the focuse is against an Aspect that apply to lot of projects.

The fix is to code Cross References view when focused on an Aspect to be like the Problem view. Problem view has scope options, current project, working set, and others.

 Example of the problem:

Project Framework

  MyAspect.aj

Project EJB

  AspectJ Path -> Project Framework

With this setup, when I’m on a class of project EJB that is modified by MyAspect.aj I see something in Cross References view. However, when I focus on MyAspect.aj in project framework I don’t see my classes that are touched by the aspect.

That seems to me to be a simple and reasonable project setup.

Thinking about it, what is the difficulty to keep track in a Map for each AspectJ the list of Java classes modified if we are able to show the aspects when the focus is on a class?

Back to the top