Re: [ajdt-dev] The future of AJDT---weaving into JDT?

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have just posted two enhancement requests to bugzilla about
> potential ways to get better integration of AJDT with JDT through the
> use weaving into JDT.  Yes, eating your own dog food is a good thing,
> we hope.  I am posting to all these groups because it may be of
> interest to you and also you may have some good ideas on how to
> proceed.

Using weaving to extend the JDT seems like a reasonable approach if
you aren't able to persuade the JDT team to do it directly.

Can I put in a plea that you do it in a way that is accessible to
other Java language extensions and Java-compatible languages (my
interest here is Scala)? Weaving as an implementation strategy for a
compilation unit provider interface that's accessible via plain Java
would probably have fairly broad appeal.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin