Re: [ajdt-dev] Unable to update latest AJDT from Eclipse 3.4

Duh me! The link's already there. Sorry for the noise, Andy.

Rahul Thakur wrote:
Hi Andy,

I tried a few hours ago and using the links you mentioned work.

But now, I can't get Eclipse 3.4 install updated with AJDT (at home).

Do you have a link where I can download the latest snapshot of update site from?

Thanks,

Rahul

<snipped>
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.ajdt.core.tests/osgi.bundle/1.6.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.tests/osgi.bundle/1.6.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.visual.tests/osgi.bundle/1.6.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.aspectj.feature_tests/org.eclipse.update.feature/1.5.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.contribution.visualiser.tests/osgi.bundle/2.2.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.tests/osgi.bundle/1.5.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.contribution.xref/org.eclipse.update.feature/1.5.0.200806251955 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.contribution.xref.ui.tests/osgi.bundle/1.5.0.200806251955
</snipped>

Andy Clement wrote:
Hi,

I did an upgrade install on an Eclipse 3.4rc4 that already had a
version of AJDT installed and the new version installed fine but on
restart of eclipse i had no AJDT (nice...).  I then downloaded 3.4
final and attempted a fresh install and got the same errors as you
did.  I then copied the remote update site to my local machine and
that installs just fine.  This suggests it is the P2 metadata that is
currently sitting alongside the update site - it isn't quite right,
and we are looking at it now.

We have removed the P2 data and created a second update site that
doesn't contain it.  These changes will take a while to replicate
around the servers, but eventually either the current update site:

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/34/dev/update

or definetly the new update site:

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/34/dev/update/temp

will work.

Oh, or you can download the zip archive and install it from that, I
did this in a brand new eclipse 3.4 before starting it for the first
time, I'm not sure if P2 interferes and prevents installing via zip
once eclipse has been started for the first time. The zip archive is
here:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/ajdt/34/dev/update/ajdt_1.6.0.200806251955_archive.zip

Andy.