Re: [ajdt-dev] Question on method-call IJavaElement attributes

Not that I actually worked on this, but I believe that there was a
balance struck between implementing AJCodeElements as something
compatible with the existing JDT vs implementing them with new
behaviors exposed.

As Andy mentioned, if you have some good suggestions, please open a
bug.  I can work with you to get a patch for this. Please be as
specific as possible on what you want to see and why.

As for SourceRef, if you look at the type hierarchy, you'll see that
ISourceRef is not a sub-interface of IJavaElement.  This is because
not all java elements have a source ref.  Also, only a line number is
given because the source refs are primarily used for things like
debugging and placing markers.  Here, the offset is not important,
only the line number.