Re: [ajdt-dev] AJDT missing features

Hi Dean,
I already keep my aspects as small as possible ad delegate to simple
java classes the "big" work. Not only to work around ADJT problems, but
also because I think this is the best way of doing it.

The annotation syntax is by far too complex when compared to the plain
aspectj syntax.  The thing that annoys me more about the annotation
syntax is that you have to cast the objects on which you have inferred a
method or field, this makes reusing many aspects a pain for the aspects
user, since they have to cast and recast the same instance many times to
access different methods.

It would be fun if the AJDT could support this case in quick fixes, for
example if I infer a method called getMyStuff thru the interface
MyStuffGettable from an annotation based syntax, when i then try to do
instance.getMyStuff(), compiler will complain with an error, AJDT could
contribute the "Cast to MyStuffGettable interface" quick fix and ease
this pain.

Contributing quick fixes isn't simpler than intercepting auto completion
and inline java editor error reporting?

Simone