[ajdt-dev] AJDT missing features

Hi all,
I've been playing quite a lot with AJDT in the last couple of weeks. I
really love AspectJ and AJDT, but I really miss those functionalities
that are not there :
- Code completion of inferred methods in the standard java editor (also
in the aspectj editor would be nice :) )
- Buggy code completion inside the aspectj editor (type "something.",
normal completion appears, then type "g" cause you need a getter, only
template proposals show up)
- Code completion on aspectj syntax

Simply said, without auto completion I'm nothing :D

Are these features planned for release any time soon?

I have some experience on Eclipse plugin developement (a couple of
plugins, a couple of years ago), I've also been a contributor to SWT in
the past, and I have some spare time, so maybe I could try to help
fixing something.

What I need are pointers to avoid using all my spare time simply to find
where in the code I should act, and where that certain solution was
already discussed and so on.

My priority would be code completion on inferred methods and fields, in
the aspectj editor at least. Where should I start searching for? What
are the biggest problems encountered so far in making it work? Is there
a (document | thread in this list | something else) I should read?

Thanks in advance,
Simone

Back to the top