[ajdt-dev] Multiple projects not handled and slow

Hi,

I have 30 Java projects (without aspect), and one project declaring aspects.

Because we have many EARs, many WARs, and many Jar we cannot easily in Eclipse do a last step using a “builder” for example to do the weaving.

So what we do is that the project having the aspects has some import on the 30 Java projects when need to reference to classes for filtering or for coding against them.

Then the 30 other Java projects use [Aspect Path] to import the aspects project.

So we have some kind of a cycle -> the 30 Java project point to the aspect project and the aspect project must point to some of the 30 Java project for filtering and code against.

So what happens is that if everything is compiled already and I have “build automatically” enabled. That takes 2 minutes to handle adding a space to one of the java classes in one of my 30 Java projects…

It looks like change detection is pretty bad, if the result of recompiling Java code is the same previous class file, we still recompile everything that depend of it.

Also, like I reported in a previous post. I cannot see in one location the list of classes impacted by a specific aspect, because from my unique aspects project it doesn’t show the list, I would have to also weave all the projects from my unique aspect project if I want to see the list. However, if I “focus” on each Java project I can see what is impacted inside the specific project.

Anybody aware of those problems?

Anybody use AJDT with multiple projects using a better configuration?

I’m using AJDT 1.4.2.200705221209

Back to the top