From: "Marco Mistroni" <mmistroni@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions" <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr-26-2006 6:37 AM
Subject: [ajdt-dev] AspectJ, RAD and Transactions / urgent
hello all,
 i m using aspectj with RAD.
recently i have written an Aspect that has to be executed after my  EJB1.method1 returns successfully

purpose of the access is to call another EJB which uses CMR

i keeep on getting this exception whenever my ejb with CMR is called

java.lang.IllegalStateException
at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.associations.LinkSet.checkValidTx(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.associations.LinkSet.size(Unknown Source)
at com.waersystems.ejb.user.userdetails.UserManager.setOwners(UserManager.java:364)

where setOwners accesses a CMR field

to me it looks like the code is not being executed in a transaction.. is it becuase the aspect intercepts
a method AFTER RETURNING successfully?

i tried using an around(), but i got the same exception....     how does aspectJ deals with transactions?
is there a way that i can check if transaction is preserved when my aspect is being invoked?

thankx and regards
 marc