Re: [ajdt-dev] [URGENT] building AJDT plugins (and more)

#: Matt Chapman changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  11/17/2005 1:55 PM :#
On 17/11/05, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to figure out how can I build a new version of AJDT plugins by including the latest
AspectJ. I have faced for the last couple of days a bug in AspectJ - Andy fixed it today and I
really need to continue my work.

According to some old posts on this list I have imported everything under Eclipse, and now I was
trying to run the build.xml from org.eclipse.aspectj.updatesite.

Those must be really old docs. The AJDT faq entry is current:
http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/faq.html#q:develop

If you update the jars in the org.aspectj.ajde etc projects, the
dependent AJDT projects should rebuild.

Unfortunately this is not very readable: "if you update the jars in the ..."

What I have done is the following:

1/ using the ajde.jardesc built another ajde.jar
2/ replaced the org.aspectj.runtime/aspectjrt.jar with the newer one
3/ replaced the org.aspectj.weaver/aspectjweaver.jar with the newer one

Is this enough?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.