Re: [ajdt-dev] POLL: How do you use ".lst" files with AJDT in Eclipse?

Matt,

The primary uses I make of .lst files are to include or exclude development-time aspects and to debug problems in the compiler (of which there have been a lot fewer lately) by making it easy to auto-generate a list project files to compile from the command line. The former is a bit brittle (since you constantly need to update to include new source files). It would be great to allow wildcards to select files and exclusions (more like ant)... But using nested .lst files might also provide a more robust way of handling development-time aspects (include all core files in normal source folders then add additional options in debug.lst that aren't in the normal source folders).

I don't use nested .lst files nor put compiler options in the files (though I might try the latter). I generally include all my aj sources in AJDT projects and use ant (or maven) to handle proper building with options.

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Software
o: (415) 824-4690