[ajdt-dev] AJDT 1.1 up and running :-) One small weaver bug remains

I've just committed a set of changes to org.aspectj.ajde and
org.ecipse.ajdt.ui in the AJDT project that give us (finally) a fully
working AJDT for AspectJ 1.1 on 2.1. This includes showing all the missing
Kind.CODE nodes, correct location setting for the same (goes the exact
line, not enclosing member), working visualiser, correct source node for
declare warning/error declarations, and a patch for error/warning tasks
generated by the same so that the task markers navigate to the right point.

The last fix is a temporary workaround - there's one thing in the weaver I
couldn't solve tonight (Jim/Mik) : org.aspectj.weaver.Checker.match(..) is
called when checking whether a declare warning /error pointcut matches a
given shadow. If t does, a Message is created whose sourceLocation is
shadow.getSourceLocation(). The implementation of getSourceLocation in
BcelShadow returns the unqualified file name rather than the qualified one
(e.g "Point.java" rather than
"org.eclipse.ajdt.demo/src/figures/Point.java") which means that later on
eclipse can't find the resource the marker is supposed to be attached to.
I've patched it in AJDT by scanning the project for the first resource that
ends in the given name and using that, which we will get away with for many
projects. I couldn't find an easy way to fix it properly in the weaver.

Regards,
Adrian.

Adrian M Colyer BSc CEng MIEE,  IBM UK TSM
MP 189, IBM UK Ltd., Hursley Park, Winchester.  SO21 2JN.
Tel. +44 (0)1962 816329  Fax. +44 (0)1962 816329
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top