[aether-users] Resolving from Remote instead of Local Repository

Hi All,

I’m working on building an index file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin. The indexer has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I don’t have the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote repository so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository. If the artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the indexer code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then you check remote repositories.

Is there a way to make it ignore the local repository resolution or set a repository priority order where it would check the remote repository before the local repository?

Thanks,
Jordan

Back to the top