[aether-users] Resolution result with unsolved transitive dependencies conflict

Sorry, resending (hopefully) as plaintext.

conflict resolution seems not to work correctly in my case (but I'm no Aether expert at all). It can be tried out by cloning https://github.com/circlespainter/capsule-maven-13, which is meant to reproduce more easily https://github.com/puniverse/capsule-maven/issues/13, and running `gradlew run`.

I'm using a " RepositorySystemSession" built from "MavenRepositorySystemUtils" ("maven-aether-provider"); I tried both by explicitly setting a " ConflictResolver" graph transformer that includes a " NearestVersionSelector" and by not setting it (it looks like it is already setup in this way by "MavenRepositorySystemUtils.newSession") so I'd expect Aether to resolve automatically a conflict between " org.slf4j:slf4j-api" 1.7.18 and 1.7.19, which are transitive dependencies resp. of my resolution request about "ch.qos.logback:logback-classic:1.1.6" and "org.slf4j:slf4j-simple:1.7.19".

This doesn't seem to happen though, and I don't understand why. The versions used are " 1.0.2.v20150114" for Aether and " 3.3.3" for "maven-aether-provider".

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-- Fabio

Back to the top