[aether-users] Collecting list of transitive dependencies *and* necessary parent POMs

Hi,

I am trying to mirror an artifact A and its transitive dependencies from
one Maven repository to another. To do so, I would like to resolve a
couple of artifacts from repository X and then deploy those to
repository Y. After the mirroring operation is done, Y should contain
not only the artifact from X and its transitive dependencies, but also
all necessary parent POMs necessary to resolve A's transitive
dependencies (let's ignore further complications like import-scoped BOMs
for now).

I have been looking at the ResolveTransitiveDependencies example from
aether-demo [1], which does install the necessary parent POMs into the
local repository, but RepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(..) only
lists the "real" dependencies, not the parent POMs that have been
installed implicitly, thus preventing me from deploying these to
repository Y.

Likewise, RepositorySystem.collectDependencies(..) doesn't seem to do
what I want out of the box, but maybe there is a way to accomplish what
I want using a custom DependencyCollector, but given the size of
DefaultDependencyCollector's implementation I wanted to ask first
whether something like this already exists.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://git.eclipse.org/c/aether/aether-demo.git/>

--