[aether-users] capturing parent pom.xml files in dependency tree

I am trying to configure RepositorySystem#collectDependencies to also
include parent pom.xml files as separate DependencyNodes. I've
implemented custom artifact descriptor reader without much problem but
now I am not sure how to tell ConflictResolver to keep all versions of
parent poms.

Here is an ascii diagram to illustrate the problem

    project
      |-- commons-io:2.0.1
      |     \-- commons-parent:15
      |           \-- apache:7
      \-- commons-lang:2.6
            \-- commons-parent:17
                  \-- apache:7

I need collected dependency tree to include both commons-parent:15 and
commons-parent:17 nodes.

Does current ConflictResolver implementation support this? If not, which
I believe is the case, will you be interested to add such support? Will
a patch help?

Igor

Back to the top