Re: [aether-users] Downloading the latest Snapshot

On 20.08.14 14:55, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Version range resolution requires certain metadata in the repository
> (maven-metadata.xml in your case). That same metadata is not required
> when already specifying a concrete version.

As far as I can remember (from a debugging session with Wireshark),
Aether only requires this *if* the SNAPSHOT artifacts in the remote
repository are stored with timestamps in their version. If they are
stored with a literal string "SNAPSHOT", then Aether will be able to
construct a path to the SNAPSHOT artifact without the help of
maven-metadata.xml. (FWIW, a while ago [1] I asked how to explicitly
switch off this fallback behavior.)

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aether-users/msg00463.html>