Re: [aether-users] Is there any way to resolve all sub-artifacts under an artifact.

Hi Ren,

> I want to know if I am able to resolve all the artifacts that are in a
> single artifact family,
>
> I will explain.
>
> Suppose in nexus server I have something like
>
> com.test.mypro (groupName)
>     demo (ArtifactName)
>         1.2 (version)
>             demo-1.2.jar (SubArtifact-1)
>             demo-1.2-extras.jar (SubArtifact-2)
>             demo-1.2-source.jar (SubArtifact-3)
>             demo-1.2.pom
>
> I know only the groupName, ArtifactName(demo) and the version, Now how
> do I resolve all the three sub-artifacts from nexus using Aether Java API,

as far as I know, this is not possible with plain Aether, as it can't do
the HTTP equivalent of a "ls demo-*". Also, the maven-metadata.xml [1],
which does contain the necessary information is AFAIK only available for
SNAPSHOT artifacts (besides, Aether doesn't offer a way to query that; I
think you have to parse it by hand.)

But as you mention Nexus, you can simply use the maven-indexer Benjamin
pointed you too in another mail or the Solr-based search API newer
versions of Nexus support. (The SolrJ client library is available from
Orbit, BTW.)

Hope this helps (until Benjamin's timezone is up and you get a much more
qualified response than mine ;-),

Andreas

[1] <http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.2.1/maven-repository-metadata/>

--