Re: [aether-users] Versioning fun with Aether milestones

Andreas Sewe wrote:

So, is there a technical reason for requiring version 1.4 of
com.google.inject and thus beta software? If not, would it be possible
to re-release org.eclipse.aether.maven with a broader version range
(that imports only things in, say, Orbit).

Maybe.

     org.codehaus.plexus.component.annotations; version="0.0.0" <org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime_1.5.0.20140319-1741 [306]>

Oh, lest I forget: there is another import that currently cannot be
satisfied from Orbit.

Again, is there another bundle offering this package that is not
org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime?

Not that I know about.

it is crucial [...] that
all necessary dependencies are available via p2 (ideally Orbit).

Agreed, and I argue that this is already the case: The two packages you mention here are both marked with "resolution:=optional" which AFAIU translates to not "necessary".

Benjamin

Back to the top