[aether-users] Resolving source and javadoc attachments

Hi,

I'm working on making it possible to use Aether as the dependency resolution engine for Grails. And everything has been working great so far.

What I'm having trouble with though is figuring out how to resolve sources/javadoc attachments for dependencies. If I simply attach an additional dependency like this:

        if (includeJavadoc) {
            def javadocArtifact = new DefaultArtifact(artifact.groupId, artifact.artifactId, "javadoc", artifact.extension, artifact.version)
            aetherDependencies << dependency.setArtifact(javadocArtifact)
        }

This works, but transitive dependencies do not get their javadocs resolved. How do I request that for an entire graph of dependencies I want all of the javadocs as well?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

--
Graeme Rocher