Re: [aether-users] Usage of ProxySelector with Request Object?

Patrick Gottschaemmer wrote:

I've debugged the Code below and came to the following result:

The *getProxy(...)* method of my set *ProxySelector *is called by Aether
and the Proxy is set right via*setProxy(...)* to my *RemoteRepository*.
But it seems like that after the call, Aether uses a new
*RemoteRepository *with *id="central"* and *proxy = /null/*  for the
actual request. My *RemoteRepository *isn't used after all.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your description. For the code you pasted, I don't see how your ProxySelector would ever get called so I would be curious to see the call stack at that time you observe the call. It's also not clear to me where the central repository is supposed to enter the picture.

So, how to get this right?

// prepare repo
remoteRepository.setProxy(session.getProxySelector().getProxy(remoteRepository);
// do the request with the prepared repo
DeployRequest r = new DeployRequest();
r.setRepository(remoteRepository);

Benjamin

Back to the top