Re: [aether-users] Resolving version range for secondary artifact

Marcel Bruch wrote:

Now, I'd like to issue a "highest-version" range query over the attached "model" artifact only. With the code below, I always get the highest version of the primary artifact, i.e, for the range request

   org.eclipse.jface:org.eclipse.jface:zip:models:[0,3.8.0)

it returns

   org.eclipse.jface:org.eclipse.jface:zip:models:3.7.1

which does not exist. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Can I somehow limit the search to "zip:models" only?

Conceptually, there is nothing wrong with your approach. However, version range resolution in Maven repos is dependent on the contents of maven-metadata.xml files which in their current form do not track the versions of secondary artifacts.

Ideally, these files get extended one day to more precisely track the available versions but until then, you're left with the try-and-see approach you sketched as workaround.

Benjamin

Back to the top