Re: [aether-users] classpath repository connector

Pasi Niemi wrote:

I have an idea for a new aether feature: classpath connector. It is useful
in the following use case: you can package repositories into jar files very
easily with the maven assembly plugin, stick a bunch of such jars onto the
classpath and then resolve artifacts out of there. I used it with an
installer framework I made that packed many of these repository jars into
one and resolved the artifacts for installation purposes.

Repositories packaged as classpath resources, funny idea.

Similarly I think that a zip file connector could be useful.

Writing to a classpath repository does not make sense, but I guess a zip
file repository could be written into.

So what do you think?

Even for the ZIP file case, it might make sense to start simple and focus on retrieval first, until somebody has an actual use case to justify the effort for deploying/writing.

But yeah, I generally don't see anything wrong with your ideas so curious to see your patch submissions :-) [0] should help you find your way, otherwise let us know what's missing.

Benjamin

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/aether/developers/

Back to the top