[aether-users] Feedback about the aether demo application

Hi Guys,

Let me first say that I think eather is a great initiative. I am incorporating it into some TeamCity plugin that we need here at Wix for Continues Delivery with Maven (if you like, I will be happy to share the details and will probably open source the plugins).

The code at that repository does not compile, because it cannot find the dependencies on aether - the org.eclipse.aether groupId is not in maven central nor at any other repository I could find.

I've managed to make the examples work by replacing the dependencies to the sonatype artifacts (org.sonatype.aether groupId).

I've also added three new examples (for my own needs) that I can share, if you like

-- workspace repository with lightweight reader of a maven project structure
  -- example of extracting the dependencies from a single pom in such a project
  -- example of extracting all dependencies from all modules in such a project
-- reading a pom file using ModelProcessor

I have to say, that an example using ModelBuilder can be useful as well, even if it is out of the scope of aether (the same can be said for the ModelProcessor example).

Cheers,
  Yoav

Back to the top