Re: [aether-users] Feedback about the aether demo application

Yoav Abrahami wrote:

I've recently tried to use the aether example from
http://git.eclipse.org/c/aether/aether-demo.git/tree/ (
http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/aether/aether-demo.git)
The code at that repository does not compile, because it cannot find the
dependencies on aether - the org.eclipse.aether groupId is not in maven
central nor at any other repository I could find.

This is kinda expected, given that Aether has not had yet a release yet. Even then, it still needs an updated version of the maven-aether-provider for the examples to be buildable.

I've also added three new examples (for my own needs) that I can share, if
you like

-- workspace repository with lightweight reader of a maven project
structure
   -- example of extracting the dependencies from a single pom in such a
project
   -- example of extracting all dependencies from all modules in such a
project
-- reading a pom file using ModelProcessor

Having more examples is generally a good thing, as long as these actually focus on Aether and not Maven. From your descriptions, it appears that's not always the case but I might just have got a wrong impression.

So I suggest to fill an issue in Bugzilla and attach one patch file for each example you would like to contribute. This way, the examples/patches can be reviewed individually regarding their applicability.

Benjamin

Back to the top