Re: [aether-dev] Pluggable ScopeResolver?

Christofer Dutz wrote:

sorry for cross posting this to the maven and the aether dev-list, but my question is sort of cross-cutting and I don't quite know where it fits best.
[...]
Having a look at the code, I think it should be easy to create some sort of PluggableScopeResolver, which defaults to the JavaScopeResolver. This Pluggable version could be used by plugins in need of custom scopes to define the logic for resolving their scope related issues themselves.

As I tried to explain minutes before your post on the other mail, which ScopeDeriver impl an application picks is entirely up to the app itself. The logic by which a Maven plugin can affect the dependency resolution done in Maven core will have to be determined and implemented in Apache Maven, it's beyond the scope of Aether.

BTW, the ScopeDeriver isn't the only extension point to consider when supporting custom scopes. ConflictResolver.ScopeSelector would also need to be aware of custom scope handling.

Benjamin

Back to the top