Re: [aether-dev] Strange handling of + in version portion of GAV

On 29 July 2013 12:11, Benjamin Bentmann <bentmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephen Connolly wrote:

+ is the alternative encoding of the space character, e.g.

Mind backing this assertion up with some normative reference?

It is the "fun" of a specific browser that has "helper" functionality that, in the face of a 404, tries different alternatives and will replace ' ' by '+' if that results in a resolvable URI...

/foo%20bar/ and /foo+bar/ are equivalent

By that logic, your previous URL

http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/org/jenkins-ci/plugins/build-monitor-plugin/1.0+build.14/

would be equivalent to

http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/org/jenkins-ci/plugins/build-monitor-plugin/1.0%20build.14/

That last link however yields a 404, not a directory listing.

I seems to me you confused application/x-www-form-urlencoded with the encoding rules for a URI.

Benjamin