[actf-dev] Thanks so much!

I hope this is the right place to extend my gratitude to those who have made the Eclipse IDE more accessible to the blind.

I am a blind student taking my first programming class in college. The class teaches Java. I use JAWS screen reading software for windows. The professor recommended NetBeans, but JAWS didn’t work with it.

Then I downloaded Eclipse Kepler and it was usable. I turned of automatic content assist per the instructions. However, when I pressed Control + Space to activate content assist, the screen reader would not stop speaking “one hundred percent” over and over. So I had to get by without content assist.

Recently I downloaded Luna and that problem seems to have been fixed! I really appreciate the efforts of those willing to help us out in this regard. Also, Eclipse now works  with Window’s high-contrast black screen setting. Yes!

Is there a way to donate money directly to the accessibility project? (I’m a student though; don’t expect much.)

Thanks again. Keep it up!

Back to the top