Re: [actf-dev] Development of a static accessibility analyser for Eclipse

Hi James,

Thank you for reply. I am actually both an occupational therapist as well
as a software engineer so I would be interested in hearing your
experiences.

Do you use JAWs when working in Eclipse or an open-source screen reader?
How does it render the code. I am hoping to look into a tool that when the
developer runs the code it will feed back to them accessibility violations
such as missing alt text/ incorrect aria roles. Some of the guidelines
would obviously be easier to implement then others. The end result I would
hope be that testers pick up less accessibility violations. Of course this
wouldn't take away from manual testing.

Also Just to let you know also I am on annual leave this Saturday for the
next 2 weeks

Sarah O'Reilly
Software Test Engineer - Accessibility
Dublin Software Laboratory
IBM Technology Campus, Building 6,
Damastown, Mulhuddart. Dublin 15, Ireland.
e: SARAHORE@xxxxxxxxxx
n: Sarah O'Reilly/Ireland/IBM

IBM Ireland Limited. Registered in Ireland with no.: 16226. Registered
Office: IBM House, Shelbourne Road , Ballsbridge, Dublin 4