Re: [actf-dev] Does htmlChecker export different result from miChecker ?

Hi,

Excuse me for this late reply. At first, let me clarify both tools.

miChecker: A support tool for Web accessibility evaluation with GUI. [1]
htmlChecker : Example application that aims to show how to implement an
automated Web accessibility evaluation tool on top of ACTF. [2]

miChecker has GUI and uses Internet Explorer to obtain target HTML. In
addition to evaluating target HTML file, miChecker uses information from
IE. For example, miChecker can evaluate style related items by using
currentStyle information that calculated by IE.

On the other hand, htmlChecker simply evaluate target HTML file. This is
the reason why these tools sometimes generate different results.

I hope this information will clear your question.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/actf/downloads/tools/miChecker/build.php
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/actf/downloads/tools/htmlchecker/

Best regards,
Kentarou