[actf-dev] Eclipse ACTF Validation Componentry archived

All:

In accordance with the discussion on the Eclipse Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) mailing list [1] and with a discussion with the Eclipse Technology PMC, we have officially archived all Eclipse ACTF Validation Componentry including Javaco and Webelo. Also, the Eclipse ACTF Accessibility Probe (AccProbe) tool is classified as archived on the Eclipse ACTF downloads page but will continue to be enhanced and developed at the IAccessible2 community in the Linux Foundation.[2] The latest and final releases of Java and Web validation componentry will be available via the ACTF downloads page in their archived form [3], although they are officially classified as dormant and no further resources will be devoted to nor support given to these projects.

We thank the ACTF community and the Technology PMC for their support during this process.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/actf-dev/msg00286.html
[2] http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/accessibility/iaccessible2
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/actf/downloads/index.php

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center

W:512.286.8694
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able