Re: [actf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Proposed restructure of Eclipse ACTF

When you delete something from CVS it is moved to the "Attic". It can later be recovered from there. The only way to completely remove something from CVS is to delete (i.e. rm [file]) it from the file system.

This is fine for relatively small chunks of code. If you are removing complete chunks of functionality, it would probably be best to instead ask the webmaster to archive specific directories.

Wayne

Michael A Squillace wrote:

> FWIW, when Konstantin suggested that you can delete the code from CVS, he didn't mean the entire history. That's not what he said or I understood - phrases like, "throwing away chunks of the code base," or, "just delete the source in CVS," suggest otherwise. However, we certainly want to abide by EPL.

> Anything you want to delete should either end up in the CVS Attic, or be explicitly archived in a ZIP file on archive.eclipse.org. Ok, then - what is the process for this. Do we simply take the last release and move it to archive.eclipse.org? what is the "CVS attic?"

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center

W:512.286.8694
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able

Inactive hide details for Wayne Beaton ---01/23/2010 09:16:18 PM---You had me right up to the "No attempt will be made to archiWayne Beaton ---01/23/2010 09:16:18 PM---You had me right up to the "No attempt will be made to archive this codebase on eclipse.org." part.